Otley Brewing have had an amazing journey since we began brewing in August 2005 with walls full of awards and the pages of the media etched with our name. We surfed the first wave of new microbreweries,opening up the way for others to follow. Looking forwards we are expanding and we need a new brewer to join our team, we are looking for someone who can help build on what Otley have achieved so far, someone with flair, creativity, big ideas and even bigger dreams.
Our brewery is still 10BBL but for how much longer? We think the time may be right for some new shiny kit to play with later this year and it’s definitely time to enter the bottle, can and craft keg markets with increased commitment, drive and passion. We are quite widespread throughout the UK on trade markets but its time to take Otley on Holiday with export markets eager for our beers.
We are looking for a brewer who is passionate, creative, thinks big and is madly enthusiastic about craft beer and wants to become part of our new expanding team and grow with us.
Ideally candidates will have experience of commercial brewing to a high standard, with consistency but are looking for an opportunity to express their brewing creativity, while helping create, shape and grow Otley into a bigger better, more creative brewery with us.
Otley are a small team, but 2017 is the year we plan to expand the team to meet growing demand and spread the word of Otley.
• Brewing of our core range of cask beers to maintain the already high standards we achieve.
• Help develop our craft bottle range, seasonal beers and new beers
• Represent the brewery at a local and national level when needed at events around the UK
• Ability to experiment and create new beers with support of management including working on initial concepts
• Ensure brewery adheres to health and safety standards
• In house training on Otley products
• Record keeping and documentation
• Day-to-day management and efficient running of brewery operations
• Consistently brew our core range
– 2+ years commercial brewing experience
– Formal brewing education preferred, although not required for consideration
– Ideally live locally to the brewery or within easy reach and/or willing to relocate
– Well organised, able to manage brewery systems, brewing ingredients
– Hands-on, our brewer will be expected to be involved in all aspects from loading up the brewery equipment for brewing to cleaning and kegging/casking, bottling, etc. Heavy lifting of ingredients will be involved
– Brewery tour experience
– Self-motivated, organised, and energetic individual with good communication skills
– Great troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
– Positive, proactive attitude
This is a great opportunity for the right person with the right ambitions to be part of the second chapter of Otley Brewery. If you feel you are up to the challenge and want to make a difference we would welcome your initial application.
To apply to join Otley, send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Otley Brewing Co Ltd
Albion Ind est.
Tel: 01443 480555